A good nutrition is required if you want to keep getting fitter and live longer. Your performance in all sports will
increase, you will be able to concentrate longer and have more energy. Changing your eating habits will be hard if you
are unhealthy but keep disciplined and a good diet will become second nature. Remember, if you go on a diet speak to your
doctor first about it.
The basic principle to losing wieght is to burn off more calories than you consume. As well as watching calories, you
have to make sure you are eating the right foods and drinking at least 1 litre of water a day.
A good diet consists of:
- A variety of foods - This will ensure you are getting enough vitimans and minerals
- 4 or more serves of fruit a day - 1 serve will fit into the palm of your hand
- 3 or more serves of vegetables
- Fish 3 time a week
- Plenty of cereals - Wholegrain bread, rice and pasta
- Plenty of lean meat, poultry
- Some diary products - milk, yoghurt, cheese - look for reduced fat products
- Limit saturated fat and moderate total fat intake
- Choose foods low in salt Limit your alcohol intake if you choose to drink
- Consume only moderate amounts of sugars and foods containing added sugars.
- Click here for some healthy recipes
The new food pyramid - plan your diet using this